Staff Data Architect II
At Careem, our mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and create an awesome organisation that inspires. With this vast mission statement, we started by improving transportation and delivery, and now we are expanding into payment. We have recently launched our Careem super app, hosting multiple Careem and 3rd-party apps, to further simplify and improve people’s everyday life.
We built the first multi-billion dollar tech startup in the MENAP region. We operate in 100+ cities across 11 countries. We joined Uber officially in early 2020. We grew and attracted top global talent and grew a culture for bold ambitions, shooting for the moon, innovation with tight constraints, and being Careem/gracious with each other and with our users.
As a Staff Data & AI Architect in the Data & AI function, you will be responsible for transforming the data and AI infrastructure, tools, and platforms to support Careem as a Super App with multiple vertical and app partners. We want to make everyday life simple. Simplicity for our users means we learn and know about them, what are their interests, needs, and contextual intents, in a privacy preserving manner. We know how each user interacts with our Super App. We know every content of our Super App. And by organizing and abstracting this complexity at scale, and putting AI at the heart of building our 360 understanding of our users and our content, and by using AI to learn the optimal decision making through sequential interactions with each user, we ensure we create a consistent personalized experience that gets better with every interaction for each user across our Careem internal apps and our partner apps.
- Architecture: You will lead the architecture for the Data & AI org and provide guidance to engineers who work on complex technical matters and designs impacting all the domains under Careem. You will keep raising the technical bar at Careem. You will be coaching and advising teammates on the selection of methodologies, tools and technologies.
- Data Privacy and Compliance: Ensure architecture data design according to data compliance, regulation and privacy.
- Technical vision: You will oversee the technical vision and co-lead the Data & AI roadmap to deliver competitive value from Data and enable a simple user experience.
- Supporting and growing the Data & AI teams: Support a highly scalable, easy to maintain, Data Platform for users and content 360. Support the Analytics team. Support the AI Platform team. Support the entity embeddings initiative, and build and support the Experimentation platform team.
- Uber-Careem: You will actively engage with Uber and build perspective on Build Vs Buy Vs Adopt strategies. For key technologies that will be adopted from Uber, you will drive end to end, working closely with your peers and stakeholders at Careem.
- Careem-wide Tech Leadership: You will work with different stakeholders at a senior level and engage proactively with all Careem engineering leads in different domains: Mobility of People, Mobility of Things, Super App Platform, and Careem Pay.
- Tech culture: You will help strengthen the tech culture at Careem as a tech culture champion. And you will help attract talent and grow the Careem engineering brand by publishing technical blogs and participating in tech conferences.
- 15+ years of professional experience working with data architecture.
- Extended Experience in data architecture for scaled business that expect 100x growth in the next decade
- Experience on data governance and PII compliance
- Project management skills- Ability to drive projects end-to-end.
- Communication and stakeholder management skills - Ability to build consensus by clearly communicating and presenting information.
- Strong track record in delivering high impact from data through leading multiple architecture projects.
- Track record of attracting and retaining top talent.
- Experience instilling a culture of ownership, collaboration, and results.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, critical thinking, and judgement.