At Careem, we are driven by the purpose of simplifying the lives of people and building an awesome organisation that inspires. Based in Dubai, we started our journey as a pioneer of the Middle East’s ride-hailing economy.
Today, Careem is the region’s everyday Super App operational in 13 countries and over 100 cities. The Super App provides a host of daily services that people need to move around, to order things and to transfer money in one unified smartphone app. Our goal is to simplify people’s daily lives so that they can spend their precious time and mindshare on things that really matter and on realizing their potential.
Careem became a wholly owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020.
About the Role:
Our Android developers have a passion to push mobile technologies to the limits. As an Android Developer, you work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation mobile applications in a scalable manner.
As an Android Engineer you will:
- Design and build advanced, scalable applications for the Android platform
- Work with the Product and Design teams to understand end-user requirements and use cases and translate them pragmatic and effective technical solutions
- Integrate with our backend services (JSON, REST, etc.) to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that is super-fast for end users
- Own end-to-end product modules/features from requirement to going live
- Design and review code, troubleshoot and act as a consultant to team members on technical matters
- Gather requirements by interacting directly with the end users and advocate delightful user experiences
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Use core animation to create engaging motion effects and intuitive interfaces
- 3+ years experience with full life cycle Android application development and publishing Android apps in the play store
- Knowledge about Java, collections, algorithms and well-known application frameworks
- Understanding of interactive application development paradigm under Android, memory management, file I/O, network programming, concurrency and multi-threading
- Good understanding of design patterns, the latest framework and technical, including RxAndroid, Lambda expressions and dependency injection
- Experience in working with third-party libraries and APIs
- Good experience on testing frameworks, including Robolectric and Espresso
What do we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited paid annual leave
- Entrepreneurial working environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentorship and career growth
Careem gives equal opportunities. All aspects of ownership including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.