Careem is the internet platform for the greater Middle East region. A pioneer of the region's ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to become the region's everyday Super App. Careem's mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in over 100 cities across 13 countries and has created more than one million employment opportunities in the region. Careem became a wholly owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020. www.careem.com
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our technical Program Managers have a passion to manage SW development, breaking down, estimating and prioritizing work. As a tPgM you work with our Engineer and Product leveraging your strong software architecture and system level knowledge to facilitate decision making, judgment, resolving constraints and enable high quality on program execution and delivery.
- Manage technology programs, defining milestones and success criteria, resource allocation and successful on-time delivery.
- Exercise technical judgment in working with large, cross-functional teams.
- Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering productivity.
- Communicate schedules, priorities, and status to all levels in the company.
- Maximum 6 years of work experience in program management and software development
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycle methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in distributed systems
- Demonstrated ability or preference to work across multiple teams.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive program plans and schedules
- Hands-on experience with Prioritization and issue management
- Proven record on facilitating decision making and judgment
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Program Management on technical cross-functional projects.
- Experience in software development in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Master’s degree, or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or another technical related field.
- Experience managing execution and high-quality product delivery.
- Ability to exercise technical judgment in solving software engineering challenges.
- Ability to be an influential member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.