Senior Software Engineer (SRE)
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride- hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires.
Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 100+ cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region and hosts over 30 million users.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for someone passionate about automation, tooling, and frameworks to join the Developer Experience (DevX) team. You will be part of the team that has the mandate to enable engineers across all functional divisions at Careem to move as fast as possible, while maintaining our high quality and correctness expectations. DEVx work ranges from maintaining our CICD fleet, to optimizing our build and release workflows, to more SRE flavored work providing monitoring and visibility.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engage with engineers throughout Careem to learn about pain points, and work alongside a technical lead to define and prioritize solutions.
- Architect systems/solutions with a focus on scalability, testability, and maintainability
- Encourages and supports others to take on responsibility, authority, and accountability
- Support the rest of the DEVx team in adoption by Engineers in such a way that makes on-boarding pleasant and seamless.
- Design, write and review application code.
- Develop, maintain, and extend a variety of systems, including open-source, ready-made, and in-house applications.
- Collaborate, coach, and mentor colleagues on an energetic, growing team.
- You'll have the opportunity to extend our existing Solutions. This will include modifying or developing code Java, Python, GO and different frameworks
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- 8 + years of experience
- Experience in building and owning tools for medium to large engineering teams.
- Expert Knowledge in Developing and debugging in one these Java, Go, Python,Bash.
- Experience with terraform and Cloud Formation.
- Experience with other programming languages is a plus.
- Experience of building systems, dashboards and metrics to facilitate a data-driven approach to problem resolution
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus.
- Unquenchable thirst for learning new things.
- Obsession about keeping costs low while building solutions.
- Experience of Kubernetes is a plus.