Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem, which was recently acquired by Uber, is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 100 + cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region with headquarters based in Dubai.
About the role:
As a Senior Product Manager in Careem Food, you will be leading and owning exciting features, products and services in the food delivery space for our Customers. This role is an individual contributor one that requires exceptional analytical skills and close collaboration with our Data science team. The main purpose of the Sr. Product Manager is to drive the conceptualisation, development and rapid testing of new features that will help us in creating personalized experiences for our customers to enhance the conversion and engagement on our app.
This is a central role and requires a unique blend of business, technical acumen, and peer-to-peer collaboration; including the ability to zoom out and see the big picture, but also the willingness and intellectual prowess to zoom in to the finer details that need to be addressed when scaling features to a user base of 30M+.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the entire feature lifecycle, starting with planning and OKRs, all the way to managing backlog and agile iterations.
- Identify, conceptualise and develop new products as well as improvements to existing products with the goal of improving conversion and orders per user.
- Take the lead and work with data scientists and engineers to build and implement machine learning models that will help optimize our funnel and increase orders per user
- Help contribute to creating a compelling vision, mission, and roadmap for our product portfolio that energizes and builds momentum within the teams.
- Clarify requirements from business stakeholders and validate them against user needs and tech effort, including company goals (write product requirement documents etc.)
- Possess customer empathy and a curiosity mindset. Define customer value propositions based on personas or market segments (design thinking approach).
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders on product features and acting as the main point of contact for any enquiries.
- Perform A/B testing working with product analysts and data scientists to validate and iterate product increments that demonstrate customer and business value.
- Gather and use quantitative and qualitative data, creating hypotheses and making informed product decisions, testing assumptions early to reduce risk up-front.
- Perform user lab testing and user interviews, to synthesize insights and feedback and disseminate that knowledge into the tech teams, building better products.
We are looking for a Sr. PM who wants to build products that will be loved by our customers, who is focused, agile, well-organized and exceptionally collaborative (and we offer the same in return)
Additional qualifications include:
- At least 6 years of prior experience working in a PM role of which at least 2 years in the Quick commerce industry (Food, Groceries, …)
- Experience in working with Data scientists on customer facing products
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment, to manage and close the loop on multiple concurring tasks.
- Experience with Lean and Agile methodologies and processes (e.g. sprints, kanban etc.)
- Good commercial awareness and be able to demonstrate your competence in analysing, reporting and efficiently responding to quantitative and qualitative data.
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining good relationships with key stakeholders, partners and executive management.
We offer an attractive compensation package, excellent health benefits, flexible working hours, work from home policies and unlimited (paid) annual leave (yes, you’ve read that right). You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.