At Careem, we are driven by the purpose of simplifying the lives of people and building an awesome organisation that inspires. Based in Dubai, we started our journey as a pioneer of the Middle East’s ride-hailing economy. Today, Careem is the region’s everyday Super App operational in 13 countries and over 100 cities. The Super App provides a host of daily services that people need to move around, to order things and to transfer money in one unified smartphone app. Our goal is to simplify people’s daily lives so that they can spend their precious time and mindshare on things that really matter and on realizing their potential.
About the team The pricing team is responsible for building pricing products and models to ensure competitive and effective pricing to the customers and captains. The team focuses on developing new pricing products across the various business verticals including Rides, Food, Grocery and Express, and improving the existing product capabilities and features.
About the role The role of the Product Manager - Pricing is to drive the conceptualisation, development, enhancement and rollout of pricing capabilities. You will work closely with engineers, data scientists, markets, leadership and other key stakeholders in the company to plan and implement various pricing capabilities to drive business impact. This role requires a strong technical background to work closely with the engineering teams, excellent analytical capabilities to identify core problem areas, and commercial understanding to prioritize deliverables with key stakeholders. Responsibilities include:
- Manage the entire product lifecycle from planning to feature roll out. Identify, conceptualise and develop new products as well as iterate on existing products.
- Develop pricing strategy and roadmap based on market trends, competitive landscape and internal goals and priorities.
- Work closely with product managers from different teams for effectively integrate pricing solutions to the customer, captain and merchant products across the different verticals.
- Understand the need of our markets and keep pace with industry trends to prioritize and deliver solutions.
- Drive effective communication with the engineering team and responsible for running sprint planning for product prioritization and delivery.
- Continuously identify and implement improvements to the current working practices to ensure quality and speed of product delivery
- Define and track team KPIs/targets: report to relevant stakeholders and recommend actions
- Define hypotheses, implement end-to-end experiments and create analyses resulting in data-driven conclusions and recommendations.
Requirements The ideal candidate will be passionate for improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- Min 3 years of prior product management experience
- Proven track record of working with cross-functional teams, delivering highly successful and innovative products
- Passion for building world-class products and services
- Experience in formulating a product vision and owning the results and communication with leadership and multiple different stakeholders
- Strong technical skills and ability to drive technical discussions
- Ability to get hands-on and catalyze decision making in a complex operational environment
- Eagerness to learn and innovate
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with an excellent eye for detail working with qualitative and quantitative data
- High commercial awareness and ability to demonstrate competence in analysing and interpreting data
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
- Experience working with Big Data, Machine Learning is highly desirable
- Hacking skills to identify quick wins and minimize time to market
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as computer science, engineering, data science, mathematics or statistic
...Oh, and also, we’re looking for someone who can take ownership, who is of service and who shoots to the moon and beyond. Is this you? We’re looking forward to seeing your application! 🚀
What do we offer you? Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, a flat hierarchy, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays, the latest technologies and full ownership!
Careem gives equal opportunities. All aspects of ownership including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.