Director of Strategy & Strategic Partnerships, Careem Pay
Note: Payments experience required
About the role
Careem Pay is both a critical enabler of Careem’s Super App vision and a business with massive potential outside the existing Careem ecosystem.
Careem Pay’s purpose is to empower people to lead better lives by simplifying their payment experiences and access to financial services. Its vision is to become the leading digital financial services platform of the region serving consumers, partners and merchants.
As an early-stage start-up within Careem, it is looking to build a team of energised, start-up-minded and ambitious colleagues who are super excited about the fintech opportunity in the region.
As a key member of Careem Pay’s Strategy and Strategic Partnerships team, you will work cross-functionally to create strategic growth for the business through:
- Defining our strategy: What we want to do / when, how and where we want to do it
- Executing our strategy: Organising ourselves, tracking progress, and identifying red flags across the Careem Pay team to achieve our objectives
- Identifying and implementing partnerships and investments/M&A (in collaboration with Careem Corp Dev):: Given the criticality of partnerships for fintech companies and the speed of evolution of the fintech ecosystem
In return, you’ll gain massive learning opportunities; exposure to multiple functions including tech, commercial, operations and marketing; access to senior leadership; and the chance to be part of a super-fun growth journey in the super-exciting fintech space.
- Relevant education background, including MBA or strategy, finance, innovation, or computer science degree from a top-tier academic institution
- 7-10 years of professional experience, especially working with the strategy, business development or corporate development arm of a leading fintech and/or a top-tier management consulting firm
- Knowledge of fintech business models, value chain, players and industry trends
- Understanding of tech infrastructure and networks / partnerships critical for fintech players
- Track record for driving partnerships for high-growth companies
- Demonstrated deal-making capability (partnerships / investments)
- Strong track-record of problem-solving, including structuring problems, performing detailed analysis, and developing & implementing recommendations
- Ability to independently engage with and communicate recommendations to C-level and senior leadership
- Start-up mindset:
- Laser focused on growth, speed and results on a daily basis
- Self-starter with high level of ownership and limited need for oversight and support
- Willingness and ability to work cross-functionally and organise and influence colleagues in other Careem Pay and Careem teams (e.g., including product, finance, business units, marketing, corp dev, markets) from inception to delivery of projects
- Detail-oriented and organized with a strong talent for project management