Careem Pay is both a critical enabler of Careem’s Super App vision and a business with massive potential outside the existing Careem ecosystem.
Careem Pay’s purpose is to empower people to lead better lives by simplifying their payment experiences and access to financial services. Its vision is to become the leading digital financial services platform of the region serving consumers, partners and merchants.
As an early-stage start-up within Careem, it is looking to build a team of energised, start-up-minded and ambitious colleagues who are super excited about the fintech opportunity in the region.
KSA is a critical market for Careem Pay and potentially the largest fintech market in the region. As Partnerships and Commercial director, you will be responsible for
- Driving the commercial growth of the business in KSA
- Identifying and implementing required partnerships across the regulatory, financial services, financial infrastructure, and fintech ecosystems
- Developing in-depth knowledge of the KSA fintech and financial services ecosystem to drive Careem Pay strategy in the market
Commercial leadership: Drive the commercial growth of the business in KSA
- Own the KSA P&L and set/achieve ambitious targets, including growth and profitability
- Own the growth strategy for the market and lead its implementation
- Execute opportunity sizing, profitability assessments, monetization models and other analyses for new and existing Pay businesses in KSA
- Develop and implement go-to-market and launch plans for new business / feature / product launches in KSA
- Build and lead a fast-moving, bold, and highly hands-on, operational team
- Identify regulatory, commercial, operational and tech partners required to grow the KSA business
- Lead partnership discussions with potential partners and drive these to ensure momentum
- Work with central Careem Pay teams to develop and negotiate commercial, operational and tech terms and SLAs
- Manage end-to-end KSA partnership execution, including RFP issuance, negotiation, legal signing and post-signing implementation across multiple functions e.g,. tech, legal, compliance, operations / customer support, marketing, etc.
Market strategy and connectivity: Serve as Careem Pay’s eyes and ears on the ground in KSA:
- Build relationships across the regulatory, financial services, financial infrastructure, and fintech ecosystems in KSA
- Conduct market/industry studies, interviews, voice of customer research, benchmarking / baselining exercises and other methods of primary and secondary market assessment
- Continuously monitor and analyse competitor business models and product portfolios and market trends
- Identify new/emerging use cases that Careem Pay should consider in KSA and develop the business case and commercial strategy for them
- Synthesise the above into recommendations for KSA strategy
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- MBA from a leading business school
- Experience in a leadership role at a dynamic organisation, ideally in the tech space
- Ability to drive towards very aggressive targets; strong commercial sense, sharp problem solver and ability to get things done
- Strong business development and relationship building skills
- Track record for driving partnerships and demonstrated deal-making capability (partnerships / investments)
- Must have good written and spoken Arabic skills
- Knowledge of fintech business models, infrastructure, value chain, players and industry trends in KSA
- Experience working/living in the GCC