At Careem, we are driven by the purpose of simplifying the lives of people and building an awesome organization that inspires. Based in Dubai, we started our journey as a pioneer of the Middle East’s ride-hailing economy. Today, Careem is the region’s everyday Super App operational in 13 countries and over 100 cities. The Super App provides a host of daily services that people need to move around, to order things and to transfer money in one unified smartphone app. Our goal is to simplify people’s daily lives so that they can spend their precious time and mindshare on things that really matter and on realizing their potential.
Act as the first point of contact to answer all business data queries and develop effective reporting using various BI tools
- Develop and implement effective reporting using various BI and assessment tools to minimize risk and proactively identify problem areas.
- Produce in-depth analysis of the core KPIs using the tools available to him/her (Tableau, Redash etc.)
- Support the data analytics process by developing reports, queries and data pipelines that can lead to add new data sources or new views in our data
- Produce basic analysis identifying any movements in the core KPIS, as well as keep track of MtD vs Target numbers
- Execute basic tasks on Careem tools including but not limited to Fare/payment cycle adjustments, Car and DCT addition/editing, setting/disabling peaks, sending communications, troubleshooting Captain issues very quickly on Solutions, , navigating Gearbox to check configurations or identifying incorrect configs, troubleshooting B&G issues, peak problems as well as Care related issues
- Proactively pitches new ideas, hypothesis tests and experiments to his/her team lead to gather feedback/approval or to fine tune his/her approach.
- Understand the overall budget and its constituents well and can provide valuable input to his/her manager on how/where to spend efficiently to maximize results based on experiments and tests.
- Know all the main data sources that are relevant for his/her function, can easily identify data discrepancies/issues and can escalate to the relevant teams/channels.
Qualifications & Skills required
- Educated to BS Level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Computer science or Engineering with 3 to 5 years of experience
- Demonstrated experience working in an analytical role
- Demonstrated experience with business intelligence and visualization tools creating management dashboards
- Good analytical skills and a passion to work with large sets of data
- Passionate about learning new technologies and working on a product of massive scale and impact
- Should have Experience in using SQL queries against large amounts of data
- Experience in Tableau, Python, R, Spark, Hive is a plus