Careem is the leading technology platform of the Greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding its services across its network to include payments, delivery and is quickly becoming the region’s only everyday SuperApp. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 130 cities across 15 countries, has created more than one million job opportunities in the region and hosts over 30 million users. Careem’s engineering team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for talented engineers to help us in our mission to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires!!
About the Role
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to produce scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks, and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solution.
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other related technical field.
- 4+ years of professional experience in Software Development building scalable microservices.
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Ability to work in a remote setup
- Ability to independently own and deliver features from start to finish
- Understand both how to write tests and the value of automated testing
- Substantial experience working with React
- Experience with state management (Redux or similar)
- Experience with React testing tools and a comprehensive understanding of UI testing techniques
- Knowledge of one or more of the following languages; Java, Python, Scala, Kotlin, or Golang
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache)
- Familiarity with UI/UX design
- Familiarity with CI/CD processes and tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Familiarity with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker)
- Experience with AWS is a plus (e.g. ECS, EC2, S3, DynamoDB, etc…)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Organizational skills