Careem is the internet platform for the greater Middle East region. A pioneer of the region's ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to become the region's everyday SuperApp. Careem's mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organization that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in over 100 cities across 13 countries and has created more than one million employment opportunities in the region. Careem became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020.
About the role
Our team is seeking highly motivated and talented individuals who are passionate about creating stellar experiences for our customers and build amazing technology at a massive scale. We work on cutting edge technology and with a diverse set of talented individuals across many geographies.
As a Frontend (web) Engineer on our Careem NOW team, you will be a part of a cross-functional team developing highly scalable and reliable web applications and services that our customers and partners use every day. You will work with a group of highly talented and motivated individuals to help shape the experiences that our users interact with every day on the Careem platform and that enable the business success of our partners. Your focus will be around creating an extensible set of web applications and services, building core supplier experience functionality which works in a hybrid online/offline manner
- Write high quality, performant and reliable code which while working on defined tasks/bugs independently.
- Work independently to understand functional specifications and deliver complete features.
- Participate in the on-call rotation and be willing to jump in and help resolve any incidents within the defined SLA.
- Participate in team agile processes and practices, contribute to their continuous evolution.
- Work closely with other engineers on the team to build highly scalable and robust progressive web applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other related technical field.
- 5+ years of experience with one or more of modern JS frameworks: React (preferable), Angular or Vue
- Solid HTML, CSS and JS experience and understanding
- Proficiency in TypeScript and modern JS (ES6+)
- (S)CSS Modules, responsive design and solid UI/UX understanding and best practices
- Experience with one or more of the UI frameworks like Ant Design, Bootstrap, Material Design
- Client side state management: Redux, React Context
- Real-time technologies experience: Web Sockets, Socket.IO
- Testing frameworks: Jest, Enzyme, React Testing Lib
- JS ecosystem tooling: webpack, ESLint
- Understanding of how modern browsers work and their limitations
- Client side performance optimizations and best practices
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or other related technical field.
- GraphQL or React Query experience
- Developing components in isolation using Storybook
- Experience with PWA and service worker
- AWS and front end infrastructure knowledge (S3, CDN, CloudFront)
- Familiarity with CI/CD (we use Jenkins)
- Experience with Node.js and its frameworks (Nest, Express) is a plus
- Docker experience
What do we offer you?
Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, ownership culture, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and the latest technologies.
Careem gives equal opportunities. All aspects of ownership including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.