Senior Director of Fraud
At Careem, our mission is to simply and improve the lives of people and create an awesome organisation that inspires. With this vast mission statement, we started by improving transportation and delivery in the region, and now we are expanding into Payments and we've launched a Super-app, hosting multiple Careem and 3rd-party apps, to further simplify and improve people lives daily.
We built the first multi-billion dollar tech start-up from Dubai with presence in 100 + cities across 13 + countries. We joined Uber officially in 2020. We grew and attracted top global talent and grew a culture of bold ambitions, shooting for the moon, innovation with tight constraints, and being Careem/gracious.
As the head of integrity you are expected to strengthen the integrity mission of ensuring trustworthy transactions across Careem in delivering delightful experiences. You will be responsible for reducing fraud and abuse across our SuperApp Platform. You will have tremendous ownership, and it is an invitation to do the most meaningful work of your career.
- Setting the vision, roadmap, execution, and communication with cross functional teams, regional markets and partners
- Lead the roadmap for the integrity platform, rules, and machines learning models
- Deliver on meeting annual goals to reduce fraud and abuse with strong execution and alignment on what matters
- Built and grow a high throughput and high performance team empowered and enabled by the right tools, infrastructure and operation.
- Manage both the tactical fire fighting incidents and the strategic approach for fire prevention
- Expertise in setting-up, managing, and growing a fully-rounded integrity team and all it's supporting sub-teams: product managers, engineering, data science, integrity infra, integrity Ops, reviewers, etc
- Strong track record in delivering results and demonstrating agility in combating highly-adversarial attack patterns around financial fraud, fake accounts, and inauthentic coordinated behaviour
- Effective in influencing policies and org-wide product features and roadmaps to fix and prevent product and policies loop-holes
- Understanding of ML techniques and anti-fraud tools on the market and their positioning
- Comfortable in managing pressure and keeping a calm and structured work environment
- Ability to attract and retain top talent
- Strong leaderships and communication skills