Careem is the internet platform for the greater Middle East region. A pioneer of the region's ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to become the region's everyday Super App. Careem's mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in over 100 cities across 13 countries and has created more than one million employment opportunities in the region. Careem became a wholly owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020. www.careem.com
About the Role:
This role is a unique opportunity to have a bird’s eye view of the Care operations along with the
ability to zoom in and drive strategic mandates aligned with overall Careem leadership. Care
sub-domain is part of the Ride Hailing business, the core for Careem and is aligned with our
mission to simplify and improve the lives of our 1 M+ strong captain community.
The role will report into the Director, Care Ops for Careem and will be based in Dubai, UAE.
- Design, Build & Run initiatives for critical Care Services
- Identify opportunities for setting up Care support services across Careem beyond issue handling
- Set up services with clear process, operating model and tools
- Run and improve existing services on a continued basis
- Develop & Execute Short & Long Term Care Strategy
- Develop and support in managing the roadmap for Care function
- Support strategic initiatives through strong program management
- Manage coordination between Care and central / other country stakeholders What You’ll Need
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will stretch the organization and push the boundaries within the industry
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; the ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations. Must be a resourceful self-starter
- Top notch communication skills will be essential as influencing decisions within the organization and with third-parties will be a key success factor.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams to establish partnering relationships and maintain alignment with the other operating businesses and functional groups.
- Comfortable getting into the details and be hands-on
- Can do, positive and strong ownership mindset
- Strong analytical skills, with an inclination to gather knowledge and data to generate powerful insights
- Exceptional execution track record
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree from renowned global university
- 4+ years of rich post graduate experience, preferably from a consulting firm