Careem is the internet platform for the greater Middle East region. A pioneer of the region's ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to become the region's everyday Super App. Careem's mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in over 100 cities across 13 countries and has created more than one million employment opportunities in the region. Careem became a wholly owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020. www.careem.com
We are looking for an experienced Digital Marketing Specialist to assist in the planning, execution and optimization of our online marketing efforts. The promotion of products and services through digital channels is a complex procedure with great potential which becomes increasingly useful for companies such as ours.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for all things marketing and technology. You will be well-versed in the concepts surrounding digital marketing and how the Internet can become a strong asset to securing growing revenue. You will be tech-savvy and intuitive with great ideas to reinforce our marketing campaign.
- Assist in the formulation of strategies to build a lasting digital connection with consumers
- Plan and monitor the ongoing Careem presence on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat etc.)
- Launch optimized online adverts through Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat. to increase Careem’s user acquisition/ retention and brand awareness
- Be actively involved in market facing communication
- Change bids, ads, targeting based on business KPIs
- Collaborate with designers to improve user experience
- Measure performance of digital marketing efforts using a variety of analytics tools (Google Analytics, adjust, tableau etc.)
- Acquire insight in online marketing trends and keep strategies up-to-date
- Maintain partnerships with media agencies and vendors
- Proven experience as Digital Marketing Executive or similar role
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing concepts and best practices
- Working knowledge of Facebook, Google Ads, Twitter ads, Snapchat platforms
- Perfect knowledge of web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) and MMPs (mobile measurement partner such as Adjust)
- Skills and experience in creative content writing
- Analytical mindset and critical thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- BSc/BA in marketing or relevant field.