Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
At Careem, we are driven by the purpose of simplifying the lives of people and building an awesome organisation that inspires. Based in Dubai, we started our journey as a pioneer of the Middle East’s ride-hailing economy.
Today, Careem is the region’s everyday Super App operational in 13 countries and over 100 cities. The Super App provides a host of daily services that people need to move around, to order things and to transfer money in one unified smartphone app. Our goal is to simplify people’s daily lives so that they can spend their precious time and mindshare on things that really matter and on realizing their potential.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Careem is looking for a strategic ‘People Engagement Partner’ to support our growing tech teams based in Berlin. You will be driving our People initiatives and support our growing family.
The ideal candidate has experience in fast-paced, dynamic environments who can thrive in ambiguous situations, while fostering a collaborative, open, and fun culture!
This role is based in Berlin and will report to the People Engagement Partner (Dubai) responsible for our Global Tech function.
- Partner with and advise leadership on people-related strategy and decisions including colleagues’ engagement, organizational design, planning, and compensation
- Drive engagement with business leads through meaningful action plans based on qualitative and quantitative data
- Partner with the business, the wider people team and legal to advise on all labor relations matters
- Provide expertise in designing and delivering targeted solutions including strategic planning, change management, and team building
- Assess colleagues’ development needs and make recommendations for appropriate solutions
- Collaborate to develop company-wide strategies and programs based on data insights
- Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback to our colleagues
- Strong desire to help others and intellectual curiosity about people and organization challenges
- Have deep expertise and experience of employee relations / labor relations, ideally within a fast paced and tech environment
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently
- Effective influencer, communication, and interpersonal skills; great listener
- Analytically driven; fluent with data-driven analysis
- Comfortable working in a constantly changing environment
- Experience in helping organizations scale while maintaining core cultural value
- Fluent in German and English
- Degree and ideally law degree and/or MBA