Product Manager, Care Team
Location - Pakistan
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy (mobility of people), Careem is expanding services across its platform to include mass & multi-modal transportation, mobility of things and fintech. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organization that inspires. Established in July 2012, the company operates in more than 90 cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region with tech offices based in Dubai, Berlin, Lahore and Karachi, and business offices around MENA. Careem was recently acquired by Uber at a valuation of +3B$ but continues to operate independently.
About the role:
As a Product Manager in Careem’s ride-hailing team, you will be co-leading and owning exciting features, products and services in the mobility space. This role is an individual contributor one and requires exceptional collaboration skills because the relevant tech teams are based remotely (Dubai and Berlin). The key purpose of the Product Manager is to drive the conceptualisation, development and rapid testing of new features, including conversion funnel optimisations for existing features in a way that helps Careem reach profitability.
This is a central role and requires a unique blend of business, technical acumen, and peer-to-peer collaboration; including the ability to zoom out and see the big picture, but also the willingness and intellectual prowess to zoom in to the finer details that need to be addressed when scaling features to a user base of 30M+. You will work closely with important stakeholders in the company to understand the market and the issues they face and to identify and implement innovative solutions for the broader market. Working across all areas of the company, you will serve as an internal/external liaison between engineering, design, operations, commercial, marketing and executive management, building products that serve over 1M Captains and 30M Customers across 14 countries.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the entire feature lifecycle, starting with planning and OKRs, all the way to managing backlog and agile iterations.
- Identify, conceptualise and develop new products as well as improvements to existing products with the goal of driving efficiency gains and reaching profitability.
- Take the lead and work with data analysts and engineers to diagnose & fix large production issues.
- Help contribute to creating a compelling vision, mission, and roadmap for our product portfolio that energizes and builds momentum within the teams.
- Be a leader in championing for your product across all stakeholders internal and external including city teams, marketing, supply (Captains/Drivers) and demand (Customers).
- Develop, lead and implement projects such as company-wide go-to-market plans. Ensure timely delivery of projects in collaboration with your team and other departments.
- Clarify requirements from business stakeholders and validate them against user needs and tech effort, including company goals (write product requirement documents etc.)
- Possess customer empathy and a curiosity mindset. Define customer value propositions based on personas or market segments (design thinking approach).
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders on product features and acting as the main point of contact for any enquiries.
- Collaborate with the engineers and designers, and other colleagues sharing knowledge on product developments and issues, to discuss and implement effective solutions for the team.
- Perform A/B testing working with data analysts and data scientists to validate and iterate product increments that demonstrate customer and business value.
- Gather and use quantitative and qualitative data, creating hypotheses and making informed product decisions, testing assumptions early to reduce risk up-front.
- Perform user lab testing and user interviews, to synthesize insights and feedback and disseminate that knowledge into the tech teams, building better products.
We are looking for a PM who wants to build products who is focused, agile, well-organized and exceptionally collaborative (and we offer the same in return). Note: As mentioned above, the engineering and design teams will be based in Dubai and Berlin – hence why it is crucial that the candidate is exceptionally collaborative and understands the nuances, benefits, and challenges of working with remote tech teams.
Additional qualifications include:
- At least 3 years of prior experience working in a PM role (bonus if within the mobility or geo-mapping industries)
- Previous experience in conceptualizing B2C mobility product solutions and successfully scaling them in the market to capture business value.
- Experience in working on mobile-first experiences with Android or iOS engineers.
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment, to manage and close the loop on multiple concurring tasks.
- Experience with Lean and Agile methodologies and processes (e.g. sprints, kanban etc.)
- Good commercial awareness and be able to demonstrate your competence in analysing, reporting and efficiently responding to quantitative and qualitative data.
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining good relationships with key stakeholders, partners and executive management.
- Knowledge of design thinking methodologies to create outstanding user experiences with the help of UX or product designers.
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is a bonus.
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent). A degree in a STEM field is a bonus but is not compulsory.
We offer an attractive compensation package, excellent health benefits, monthly Careem credits, flexible working hours, work from home policies and unlimited paid annual leave (yes, you’ve read that right). You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.