Senior Software Engineer (Marketplace)
About the role
You will be responsible for the software architecture, design and development of the software systems that make-up the Careem engine. These large scale, distributed systems handle everything from user requests to payment processing. This means an opportunity to work on virtually any type of computer science and software engineering problem, particularly in the areas of large scale distributed systems, user interfaces and big data. Our tech stack is Java and Spring MVC, Node.js, Kotlin, GoLang, SQL and NoSQL DBs, and AWS infrastructure. Key responsibilities include:
- Development of our distributed backend system to meet the challenging functional, scalability and reliability requirements for our fast growing business.
- Build and ship new features and systems, with an emphasis on code quality, maintainability, readability, and testing.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems across our platform.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- 5 years of experience in Software development.
- Strong skills in object-oriented design, data-structures, algorithms and microservices
- Ability to: effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions; deal with loosely defined problems and fast changing requirements & think abstractly
- Passionate about learning new technologies and solving problems for 2 and 3-sided marketplaces
- Experience in multi-tiered distributed systems, web services, APIs, and relational & NoSQL databases
- Proficiency in Java and/or Typescript, GoLang and server-side technologies.
- Experience working with AWS.
- Experience in Kotlin is an added advantage.