Careem is the internet platform for the greater Middle East region. A pioneer of the region's ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to become the region's everyday Super App. Careem's mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in over 100 cities across 13 countries and has created more than one million employment opportunities in the region. Careem became a wholly owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020. www.careem.com
This position requires a person with strong analytical mindset that enjoys working directly with business units providing innovative solutions that answer key business questions.
In this role you will be assigned to a business unit and eventually grow into a subject matter expert for that area of business.
You will act as the main point of contact and will be responsible for fulfilling all analytical needs for the designated business unit.
This means you will be creating reports/dashboards as well as providing answers to ad-hoc queries by utilizing engineering best practices that complement and enhance existing reporting architecture.
- Act as the first point of contact to answer all business data queries
- Develop effective reporting solutions by utilizing engineering best practices and using various BI tools
- Participate in continuous improvement of these reporting solutions
- Drive and support your designated business unit by converting complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs and written reports
- Present appropriate analysis and commentary to technical and non-technical audience
- Gain subject matter expertise and help define appropriate key metrics for the business unit and discover untapped areas for business improvement
- Provide concrete data-driven insights
- Test and communicate new features to users
- Run regular data integrity audits
- Devise and evaluate methods for collecting data, such as surveys, questionnaires, and opinion polls
- Gather data about consumers, competitors and market conditions
- Demonstrated experience working in an analytical role
- Demonstrated experience with business intelligence and visualization tools creating management dashboards
- Strong analytical skills and a passion to work with large sets of data
- Passionate about learning new technologies and working on a product of massive scale and impact
- Expert at writing SQL queries against large amounts of data
- Self-starter with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Must be process orientated and a logical thinker with good attention to detail
- Experience with Tableau, MicroStrategy or Looker is a plus
- Experience in ETL/ELT is a plus
- Experience working with dimensional data, data lakes is a plus
- Experience working with MPP databases like Redshift is a plus
- Experience in Python, R, Spark, Hive is a plus