Do you want to help build a world-class institution, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
Careem is the leading technology platform of the Greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding its services across its network to include payments, delivery and is quickly becoming the region’s only everyday SuperApp. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 130 cities across 15 countries, has created more than one million job opportunities in the region and hosts over 30 million users. Careem’s engineering team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for talented engineers to help us in our mission to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Come join the Captain Platform Engineering Team and help transform 30 million lives in the Greater MENA region. Whether it’s getting from one point to another, getting food delivered to you, or seamlessly sending packages across the city, our tech is there, creating amazing experiences for our customers and helping empower our Captains (drivers) to simplify and improve the lives of people. The Captain engineering team is building the region’s premier logistics platform and helps create opportunities for millions of people in one of the most dynamic and diverse regions in the world!
Our team is seeking highly motivated and talented individuals who are passionate about creating stellar experiences for our customers and Captains and build amazing technology at a massive scale. We work on cutting edge technology and with a diverse set of talented individuals across many geographies.
Our iOS developers have a passion to push mobile technologies to the limits. As an iOS Developer, you work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation mobile applications in a scalable manner
- Design and build advanced, scalable applications for the iOS platform.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements and use cases and translate them pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
- Integrate with our backend services (JSON, XML, etc.) to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that is super-fast for end users.
- Own end-to-end product modules/features from requirement to going live.
- Design and review code, troubleshoot and act as a consultant to team members on technical matters.
- Gather requirements by interacting directly with the end users and advocate delightful user experiences.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Use core animation to create engaging motion effects and intuitive interfaces.
- 6+ years of iOS application development, with extensive use of Swift, I/O, collections, algorithms and well-known application frameworks.
- Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigm under iOS, memory management, file I/O, network programming, concurrency and multithreading.
- Experience in iOS-specific application development and publishing iOS apps in the appstore.
- Good understanding of design patterns.
- Good understanding of the full mobile development life cycle. Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Experience in working with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions. Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution.
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal).
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and work independently with minimal supervision.