Careem is the internet platform for the greater Middle East region. A pioneer of the region's ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to become the region's everyday Super App. Careem's mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in over 100 cities across 13 countries and has created more than one million employment opportunities in the region. Careem became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced software engineer with strong programming/coding as well as cloud computing, deployment and automation skills who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for the development, maintenance, and scaling of Careem's cloud infrastructure.
What you will need:
- BS degree in Computer Science similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years experience in programming/coding (Preferably in Python, Java, C# etc)
- Expertise in scripting and problem solving
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with infrastructure, architecture, cloud patterns and system designs (Preferably in AWS)
- Hands on experience in DevOps
- Infrastructure as code experience: Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with containerization runtime, preferably Docker
- Experience with automation engines such as Jenkins or Gitlab CI
- Experience in monitoring systems: Prometheus or NewRelic
- Linux administration experience
What will keep you busy?
- Collaborate with teams to design, implement, and deploy cloud infrastructure
- Ensure infrastructure is scalable, responsive, and reliable
- Create tools and workflows
- Evaluate and select tools and technologies needed for efficient support of the systems
- Develop and maintain systems management software tools, procedures, and documentation
- Automate common maintenance, deployment and build jobs
- Participate in periodic cost and utilization optimization exercises
What do we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited paid annual leave
- Entrepreneurial working environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentorship and career growth
Careem gives equal opportunities. All aspects of ownership including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.