Do you want to help build a world-class institution, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
At Careem, our mission is to simplify the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become a world-class institution.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 13+ countries and host over 15 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
About the role
As a Data Scientist at Careem, you'll be part of a team that's leading the next wave of disruption at a whole new scale. You will be developing descriptive and predictive models as well as running extensive data analysis on million of customer transactions supported by a cutting edge data platform to unlock the big opportunities that simplify the lives of people through reliable transportation
Some of the problems the data science team works on are: Dynamic pricing optimization. Optimal dispatching. Fraud detection and prevention. ETA prediction. Location search optimization.
In the process, you will:
- Answer complex analytic questions from big data sets to help Careem shape its products and services in a better way
- Implement strong data pipelines for Machine Learning algorithms that will be used in production
- Embark on exploratory data analysis projects to achieve better understanding of phenomena as well as to discover untapped areas of growth and optimization
- Help define and track the appropriate key metrics for specific projects
- Design and run randomized controlled experiments, analyze the resulting data and communicate results with other teams
- You will always challenge the status quo and continually investigate new data processing technologies and seek to ensure that we follow the industry best practices
- Use tools and languages such as SQL, R, Python, Tableau to facilitate data extraction and decision making
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Educated to BS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position
- Hands-on experience using tools & languages as SQL, Python
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Experience working within a similar role is highly desirable
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable