There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organization and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Supreme Customer Service is fundamental at Careem, and we want to wow our Captains (drivers) every time! The purpose of the Supply Intern role is to assist the local Operations teams in doing just that. You will be responsible for making bold decisions and working in an agile way to deliver a first-class service.
A Supply Intern day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining day-to-day records of supply growth, performance, and quality with regular analysis and reporting of findings
- Captain recruitment through different channels
- Troubleshooting supply problems, analyses and reporting of the issues, solving and assisting in the implementation of solutions.
- Monitoring SLAs for tickets resolutions.
- Daily customer contact (captains and users are both our customers!) to follow up on all the above.
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent technical proficiency, literacy skills and a competent computer user
- Experience working within a similar role is highly desirable
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is a must.
- Customer service background (preferred)