Lead Cloud Engineer
Careem is the internet platform for the greater Middle East region. A pioneer of the region's ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to become the region's everyday Super App. Careem's mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in over 100 cities across 13 countries and has created more than one million employment opportunities in the region. Careem became a wholly owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020. www.careem.com
About the role
We are looking for an experienced engineer with strong cloud computing, deployment automation and coding experience who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
You will be responsible for the development, maintenance, and scaling of Careem's cloud infrastructure.
What will keep you busy?
- Collaborate with teams to design, implement, and deploy cloud infrastructure.
- Ensure infrastructure is scalable, responsive, and reliable.
- Create tools and workflows to support software engineers.
- Evaluate and select tools and technologies needed for efficient support of the systems.
- Develop and maintain systems management software tools, procedures, and documentation.
- Automate common maintenance, deployment and build jobs.
- Participate in periodic cost and utilization optimization exercises.
- BS degree in Computer Science similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS.
- System design experience. Ability to review designs, identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies
- Infrastructure as code experience: Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Experience with containerization runtime, preferably Docker.
- Comfortable writing code one of the following programming languages: Python, Java, Go, or Groovy.
- Experience with automation engines such as Jenkins or Gitlab CI.
- Experience in monitoring systems: Prometheus or NewRelic.
- Linux administration experience.
- Experience in AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with container orchestration, preferably Kubernetes or ECS.
- Experience managing multiple cloud accounts in a scalable manner.