Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
Create internal and external (client-facing) user documentation on Careem Platform Services for CARE. Your work integrates the acumen for writing precise and clear instructions with creativity. You'll be in charge creating articles/content for our Help Centers & Knowledgebase.
What You’ll Do
- Support the KM team in building awesome Help Center and Knowledgebase articles.
- Own every stage of the content cycle, from brainstorming on initial wireframes to shipping perfect copy.
- Work with legal, localization, and support teams to ensure said creations are appropriately and responsibly launched.
- Develop self-explanatory articles including text, charts, videos…etc
- Review text and make recommendations for optimization.
- Create intuitive, meticulously crafted language to help internal and external customers navigate our apps.
- Tell internal and external clients how to use functionality of our platforms, also show them how the product helps them.
- Conduct extensive product research based on usability sessions, support tickets, competitor analysis and more.
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, UX designers and other stakeholders across the company.
- Coordinate the localization process for our global audience
- Collaborates with translators as necessary to convert writing into a variety of languages
- Manage all steps of writing projects; from understanding the objective, gathering information, developing content, reviewing, and editing.
- Ability to write articles in different languages (English, Formal Arabic, Simplified Egyptian Arabic)
- Experience in copy optimization and testing
- Ability to condense complex ideas into clear, engaging copy
- 2-4 years of experience in user experience writing, or brand writing
- Advanced video editing skills
- Ability to adapt to different writing styles, including speaking to B2B and B2C audiences
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing skills appropriate for an end-user client audience.