Careem is the internet platform for the greater Middle East region.
A pioneer of the region's ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to become the region's everyday Super App.
Careem's mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires.
Established in July 2012, Careem operates in over 100 cities across 13 countries and has created more than one million employment opportunities in the region.
Careem became a wholly owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020. www.careem.com
About the role
As the part of Careem's AI team you'll be exposed to the following challenges:
- Build ML and AI-based services and solutions that empower different Careem products, affecting the day-to-day life of 33+ million users
- Have impactful contributions to the different components of our state-of-the-art Machine Learning platform fulfilling our mission to democratize ML across Careem
- Continuously challenging the status quo and investigating new technologies. Besides, you'd be following the industry's best practices to ensure continuous growth
- Strong software development skills in one or more programming languages (Python, Go, Java, Scala, C++)
- A solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in Data Structures, Algorithms and Software Design
- Experience in multi-tiered distributed systems, web services, APIs, and relational & NoSQL databases
- Solid experience with classical ML techniques and algorithms (like Gradient Boosting)
- Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable and clean code components, following industry best practices
- Ability to learn fast, be responsive, team-oriented and comfortable working in a dynamic organization with minimal structure and process and collaborating with different teams such as Product Management and Data Science
What do we offer you?
Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, an ownership culture, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and the latest technologies
Careem gives equal opportunities. All aspects of ownership including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.