Do you want to help build a world-class institution, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Sr.Data Scientist at Careem, you will work closely with product and engineering teams to define and tackle focused as well as open-ended problems. In the process, you will:
- Translate complex business and product problems into Data Science solutions
- Design the workflow of the DS projects, from experimentation to implementation in production
- Communicate the impact and value of the DS projects and the way they work to your stakeholders
- Embark on exploratory data analysis projects to achieve better understanding of phenomena as well as to discover untapped areas of growth and optimization
- Coordinate with the Data Science Platforms team to bring complex optimization algorithms in production
- Design experimentation and Analyze AB tests results with the right methods and tools
- Help bring AI at the Core of Careem
- Implement large scale optimization algorithm
- The ideal candidate is innovative, detail-oriented, result-focused, has a solid quantitative background, business savvy, and takes full ownership of their work from the inception of the idea to the implementation of the final product. In particular, the requirements are
- 3+ years experience in decision science, optimization and/or game theory.
- Machine learning experience is valued.
- Fluency in English along with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience in Python and Java.
- Demonstrated experience with database technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Amazon EMR, Hive, Oracle, SAP, DB2, Teradata, MS SQL Server, MySQL)
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline such as Physics, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science.
- Understanding of business and ability to drive decisions that affect the bottom line
What we offer:
- A strong culture of ownership
- Unlimited (paid!) holidays
- Regular performance appraisals and feedback
- Working with the latest technologies on some of the biggest challenges in the region.