Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
Define strategy and capital allocation for each market and provide decision support for entering new markets and businesses, by performing the following responsibilities:
- Create models and metrics to guide the markets, cities and Head Quarter to achieve our goals
- Work closely with the management teams in Head Quarter and mountain peaks for planning, setting targets & budgets, and influencing performance
- Contribute to continuous improvement of planning and budgeting processes and deliverables.
- Monitor performance, highlight trends and analyse drivers of variances; prepare monthly management reports; create scorecards, measurement tools and KPIs
- Create a competitive intelligence process based on external and internal sources to monitor, analyze and distribute industry and competitor financial information to executive leadership.
- Prepare/support add hoc reports and analyses
- MBA and/or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
- 10+ years of experience in budgeting, forecasting and financial modelling
- Expert in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, ability to translate and effectively communicate analytical data to non-technical professionals
- High business acumen, ability to understand the business
- Ability to engage with all levels of the organization and collaborate cross-functionally