Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
• Report on various business issues to relevant stakeholders providing appropriate analysis and commentaries for both technical and non technical people
• Accountable for providing strategic insights and solutions to decision-makers based on data analytics and empowering the use of data analytics and BI techniques on the overall Captain Experience journeys
• Manage work streams and small projects autonomously in a cross-functional environment
• Act as a first point of call for colleagues with business intelligence / data queries, liaising various teams and departments on a daily basis
• Develop and implement effective reporting using various BI and assessment tools to minimize risk and proactively identify problem areas
• Produce and distribute reports to relevant internal parties analyzing data and highlighting key areas of interest
• Support the data analytics process by developing reports, queries and data pipelines that can lead to add new data sources or new views in our data
• Work closely together with the Product and Supply teams and stakeholders, providing insights and solutions to various business issues and driving forward strategic direction.
• BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Computer science or Engineering with 7+ years of experience
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
• Strong analytical skills and passionate to work with large sets of data
• Must be process oriented and a logical thinker with a good attention to detail
• Ability to effectively troubleshoot problems and work collaboratively within a team environment
• Ability to write SQL queries, proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and working against large amounts of data and highly desirable to have experience building data pipelines. Programming experience in R or Python is a big plus
• Experience working with multiple Business Intelligence tools, especially Tableau building reports and dashboards