Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
Role and responsibilities
- Provide daily technical support to users and devices troubleshooting/maintenance including (Desktops, laptops, Mobile devices,printers and headsets and other IT devices) as per to company’s guidelines in an efficient and accurate manner within the agreed SLA.
- Provide support, monitor and report IT services and systems, voice and data network, end to end support communication capabilities (LAN & WAN).
- Providing 24x7 second-line support and support escalation services.
- Setting up system access and maintaining access rights.
- Ensuring new systems and changes to existing systems are designed, developed, deployed and managed in accordance with priorities and business requirements.
- Adhering to IT best practice and internal standards to minimize risk to service levels
- Document and maintain policies and procedures, ensuring projects are completed within guidelines and maintain best practices.
- Management of incidents to ensure rapid resolution including
- Root cause analysis
- Managing all avenues incident to ensure are explored
- Ensuring necessary communication is sent to relevant parties
- Weighing up possible solutions and associated risk
- Ensuring completion of follow up actions
- Provision of escalation on-call support
- Maintaining disaster recovery plans and executing regular testing
- Tracking and resolution of single points of failure within the infrastructure
- Assisting project streams on infrastructure changes
- Maintain updates to systems, services and inventory.
- Running Infrastructure and Application Projects as required.
- Liaising with other teams as necessary during project life cycle and production operation.
- Conducting Service Reviews with internal teams and suppliers
- Liaison with 3rd party suppliers as needed
- BS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position and min experience of 1 to 2 years
- Demonstrated experience working in IT/ Help Desk filed