Senior Site Reliability Engineer – Dubai
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
About the role
We are looking for engineers that have experience with the whole process of writing code, testing and production deployments to monitoring and debugging to ensure resiliency and reliability. As an SRE in Careem, you'll work closely with the development teams from across the organization with the aim of improving our products used by millions of customers use every day. Key responsibilities include:
- Make an impact from design phase, through development and operation - the whole lifecycle of services
- Build services, tooling and create processes that simplify and enable engineers across multiple services
- Identifying and automating service level indicators and objectives with relevant alerts
- Automate and scale systems without compromising on security and reliability
- Participate in on-call rotations and help improve incident response
- Good knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Go, Python, Java, Rust, C++
- Experience with building and troubleshooting highly available systems at scale
- Experience with infrastructure automation
- Incident response and/or incident management experience
- Strong Unix or Linux background, including concepts such as processes, network stack, and memory allocation
- Experience with deploying services on public cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Good communication and collaboration skills: have the ability to drive and promote service reliability requirements with product owners and developers.
What do we offer you?
Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, ownership culture, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and the latest technologies.
Careem gives equal opportunities. All aspects of ownership including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.