Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region🌎.
About the role
As an INDUSTRY INSIGHTS ANALYST you will part of the Global Insights team and be responsible for contributing to the agenda of providing Industry trends and insights to help leadership teams at Careem make insight driven growth decisions . In process, you will:
- Acquire and share deep knowledge (industry trends, unit economic analysis, market share etc) of the ridehail, food delivery and payments industry and highlight key business challenges that affect competitors and Careem comparatively
- Conduct independent research using different sources such as company databases, market research reports, press, social media and expert interviews.
- Work will be project-oriented, you will be responsible for the entire analytical process — from task definition to the implementation and interpretation of results
- Gather and use data from various internal and external sources , turn them into insights that will help the central strategy team and Mountain Peak teams realize the opportunities
- The role reports into Industry Insights Manager
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- Experience and knowledge of data analysis, modeling and programming
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and communicate results effectively
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in the organisation
- Comprehensive computer skills including database searching, Power Point, word processing, spreadsheet analysis and online research
- Accuracy / quality / depth of data gathered are critical
- Ability to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast paced , constantly evolving team environment and ability to navigate through ambiguity and work independently
Key Performance Indicators
- Fast, accurate and comprehensive data analysis
- Proactivity shown at finding alternative solutions to problem solving
- Collaboration with external vendors and internal stakeholders to achieve completion of tasks
…Oh, and also, we’re looking for someone who can take ownership, who is of service and who shoots to the moon and beyond. Is this you? We’re looking forward to seeing your application! 🚀
What do we offer you? Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, a flat hierarchy, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and, the latest technologies and full ownership!
#YallaLetsGo #Careem #BeCareem #ToTheMoon