Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
About the Role:
This role is a unique opportunity to have a bird’s eye view of the business along with the ability to zoom in and drive critical mandates aligned with Careem leadership. The Ride Hailing business is the core for Careem and is aligned with our mission to simplify and improve the lives of our 1 M+ strong captain community.
The role will work directly with the Global Ride Hailing MD for Careem and will be based in Dubai, UAE.
Delivering impact by executing business plans for Ride Hailing
- Program manage implementation of initiatives through an effective prioritization approach that provides Careem leadership full visibility into initiatives
- Demonstrate strong execution bias across key initiatives involving central functions such as People, Finance, Strategy to support RH domain leadership effectively
- Seek and analyze data from a variety of sources to support decisions such as RH profitability
- Contribute in cross-functional project teams with RH domain global basecamp (HQ) & mountain peak (country) stakeholders to execute path-breaking plans to unlock significant value potential
Manage Relationships and Influence
- Work closely with the Local Country & City teams and Basecamp (HQ) teams to deliver against the company objectives
- Build bridges and develop strong relationship with the business teams internally while working very closely with Careem leadership
What You’ll Need
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will stretch the organization and push the boundaries within the industry
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; Must be a resourceful self-starter
- Top notch communication skills will be essential as influencing decisions within the organization and with third-parties will be a key success factor.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams to establish partnering relationships and maintain alignment with the other operating businesses and functional groups.
- Comfortable getting into the details and be hands-on.
- Can do, positive and strong ownership mindset
- Strong analytical skills, with an inclination to gather knowledge and data to generate powerful insights
- Exceptional execution track record
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree from renowned global university
- 4-7 years of rich post graduate experience, preferably from a top tier consulting firm
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company and shape its direction. Unparalleled opportunity to create social, intellectual and commercial impact.