Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
Manager - Strategic Planning
At Careem, our mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENATP region’s leading ride-hailing service and newest tech unicorn. We now operate in 90+ cities across 15 countries and have over 6 billion billed kilometres!
Join us in building a world-class institution in the MENATP region and experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, to improve people's lives!
Role and Responsibilities
Define strategy and capital allocation, provide support with key businesses decisions, and undertake detailed internal planning and target setting:
- Responsible for both long-range and short-range financial plans
- Create models and metrics to guide markets, verticals and basecamp to achieve the right goals
- Work closely with and drive teams in basecamp, mountain peaks and all Careem verticals towards annual planning, target setting & budgeting
- Contribute to continuous improvement of planning and budgeting processes and deliverables
- Monitor performance, highlight trends and analyse drivers of variances
- Prepare / support with ad hoc reports and analyses
- Special projects
You will also be responsible towards board reporting for Careem, and undertake responsibilities and tasks towards its execution, including but not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with the leadership team and present a clear and consistent message to the board and shareholders
- Articulate financial and operational performance and business strategy for monthly, quarterly and annual business reviews with the board and shareholders
- Create board deliverables including but not limited to monthly updates, quarterly updates, long term forecasts, handle investor queries
This role will report to the Head of Planning and work closely with VP - Strategic Finance and Sr. Director - Planning, Spend Management & Pricing.
- MBA and/or Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Finance
- 5+ years of experience; exposure to consumer tech is preferable
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and financial modelling
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel and PowerPoint, exposure to softwares like PowerBI, Anaplan / TM1 / Jedox is preferable
- Outstanding communication skills, and ability to engage effectively with all levels in the organization and collaborate across functions
- High business acumen, ability to understand the business
Oh, and also, we’re looking for someone who can take ownership, who is of service and who shoots to the moon and beyond. Is this you? We’re looking forward to seeing your application! 🚀
What do we offer you? Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, a flat hierarchy, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and, the latest technologies and full ownership!
#YallaLetsGo #Careem #BeCareem #ToTheMoon