Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region 🌎
About the role:
The role holder will help support and control the business functions to achieve our short term and long-term plans. (marketing, technology, people etc) and the Mountain peak teams to achieve their desired results in the most cost-efficient manner.
This individual will also determine how to best leverage our internal data to deliver relevant financial forecasts and meaningful reporting. The ideal candidate will have a background in financial and general business analysis, an attention to detail, a sense of urgency.
Reporting - This role reports into the senior Director – Business Finance & procurement
- Create models and metrics to guide the markets, cities and basecamp to achieve our goals on Fixed costs.
- Work closely with the management teams in basecamp and mountain peaks for planning, setting targets & budgets, and influencing performance on Fixed Costs
- Monitor performance highlight trends and analyze drivers of variances; prepare monthly management reports; create scorecards, measurement tools and KPIs • Create a competitive intelligence process based on external and internal sources to monitor, analyze and distribute industry and competitor financial information to executive leadership.
- Prepare/support ad hoc reports and analyses
- Develop insights that help management make better decisions
- Articulate financial and operational performance and business strategy for monthly, quarterly and annual business reviews with the board and shareholders.
- Support the business function to create plans to drive prioritization and focus across functions
- Contribute to continuous improvement of planning and budgeting processes and deliverables
- To apply for the role, you need to have the rights to live and work in Germany
- MBA and/or bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, with a concentration in finance is required
- 4-6+ years of experience in total, preferably in consumer tech with clear evidence of creating value in analytics and finance engagements.
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and financial modelling
- Expert in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, ability to translate and effectively communicate analytical data to non-technical professionals
- High business acumen, ability to understand the business
- Ability to engage with all levels of the organization and collaborate cross-functionally
Oh, and also, we’re looking for someone who can take ownership, who is of service and who shoots to the moon and beyond. Is this you? We’re looking forward to seeing your application! 🚀
What do we offer you? Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, a flat hierarchy, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and, the latest technologies and full ownership!
#YallaLetsGo #Careem #BeCareem #ToTheMoon