Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people. We started with solutions that make transportation and deliveries in the region - reliable and widely accessible; we’re also disrupting payments; and our main mission now is to build the most comprehensive consumer-facing mobile apps that will be used by the people in the region - as part of their daily life.
In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 100+ cities across 11 countries and catering to millions of users. With the acquisition of Uber, Careem is becoming the main global tech company that focuses on the MENA region.
Our upcoming flagship product is the Super App - a single mobile application that will offer not only Careem’s solutions such as transportation, deliveries and payments, but also popular apps of 3rd parties; with the objective of assisting people in our region to accomplish their everyday tasks.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of our Senior Product Manager role is to drive the conceptualisation, development and rollout of the Careem’s Super App. This is a pivotal role and requires a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, strong communication skills and the drive to make that vision a reality.
You will report to the Head of Product of the Platform, and you will work closely with key stakeholders in the company to understand the markets and the issues they face. You will also be able to identify and implement innovative solutions for the broader market. Working across all areas of the company, you will serve as an internal/external liaison between Biz-Dev, marketing, partners and key customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the entire Product lifecycle, starting at strategic planning and OKRs, all the way to managing backlog and agile iterations
- Identify, conceptualise and develop new products and any amendments/improvements to existing products.
- Analyse data (scientifically) and market trends, and identify solutions to support product development
- Develop, lead and implement projects such as company-wide go-to-market plans
- Ensuring a timely delivery of projects in collaboration with other departments
- Work collaboratively with internal and external teams, including program/project management, troubleshooting and alignment
- Manage stakeholders and communicate effectively with them - on strategy, features, OKRs and releases; and acting as the “go-to” person for any enquiries/suggestions/feedback
- Liaise the BizDev / Sales / Partnership / User Acquisition - teams - offering support and sharing knowledge in order to maximise cooperation and alignment
- Collaborate with Engineers, Product Managers, Designers and other colleagues - sharing knowledge on product developments and issues to discuss and implement effective solutions for the team
- Collaborate with the Developers to agree on priorities and ensure product developments/amendments are prioritised correctly and as per the business needs
- Identify any issues within current working practices that might impact product delivery
- Liaise with colleagues effectively to resolve any faults with product delivery
- Identify barriers that potentially impact product availability and work efficiently to resolve issues and ensure products remain competitive and effective
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- At least 5 years of prior experience working in a PM role on consumer-facing mobile apps and products
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Good commercial awareness and be able to demonstrate your competence in analysing, reporting and efficiently responding to data
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining strong partner relationships
- Target driven, good numerical and analytical skills with an excellent eye for detail - working with qualitative and quantitative data
- Extensive experience in delivering highly successful and innovative product developments
- Extensive experience with design and product testing
- Good technical proficiency, literacy skills and a savvy mobile app user
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Computer Science, Engineering or Behavioural Psychology
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.