Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
About the role
Careem is looking for a strategic ‘People Engagement Partner' based out of Jordan to lead our People Engagement activities. Being part of Careem, you will be driving our People initiatives and support our growing family. The ideal candidate has experience in fast-paced, dynamic environments and can help scale/manage our rapid growth. We are seeking someone who can thrive in ambiguous situations, while fostering a collaborative, open, and fun culture!
This is a great opportunity to be part of the region’s most successful startups and an essential member in building the pillars of culture at Careem. In process, you will
- Advise and guide our colleagues on all aspects of leadership capability, e.g. performance, collaboration, team working, set and achieve targets around a high performing business function
- Provide expertise in designing and delivering targeted solutions including strategic planning, change management, and team building
- Assess colleagues’ development needs and make recommendations for appropriate solutions
- Collaborate Coach leadership teams to effectively manage their people in line with the people policy, procedure and people business plans to develop functional business performance whilst managing business risk
- Guide and support business leaders in the introduction and implementation of initiatives developed to drive operating efficiency and effectiveness
- 5+ years’ experience as a people business partner in a rapidly growing environment
- Strong desire to help others and intellectual curiosity about people and organization challenges
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently
- Effective influencer, communication, and interpersonal skills; great listener
- Analytically driven; fluent with data-driven analysis
- Comfortable working in a constantly changing environment
- Experience in helping organizations scale while maintaining core cultural values
What do we offer you?
Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, ownership culture, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and the latest technologies
Careem gives equal opportunities. All aspects of ownership including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.