Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region 🌎.
About the role
The purpose of the Country Growth Lead role is to support the market team in their growth planning and decision making based on thorough analysis. You will be accountable for providing strategic insights and solutions to decision-makers based on data analysis. This role will be reporting into our Central Growth Operations function and work closely with the Country General Manager, Supply Managers, Marketing Managers and the Central Growth and Digital Team, providing insights and solutions to growth and driving forward strategic direction. Strong collaboration with teams across Careem footprint is imperative to succeed in this role as most of the projects are cross functional in nature.
At Careem, we are laser focused on driving revenue growth for the company. This requires constant problem solving and extensive cross-functional collaboration.
- Provide strategic direction to build quarterly plans, translate them into monthly KPIs and support them with project managing weekly initiatives.
- Work closely with market GMs and central Growth & Digital Marketing team to identify growth bottlenecks across our demand funnel.
- Run data analytics to design out-of-the-box digital marketing and promotional initiatives to continuously improve our demand funnel.
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with stakeholders to build a comprehensive list of strategic requirements for sustainable growth in future.
Operations & Execution
At Careem, we want you to own your ideas, execute them, and analyze their impact to recalibrate and sharpen the growth strategy.
- Align market and central function on designed promotional and digital initiatives, and proposed pilots required to meet the monthly targets and manage their timely execution.
- Analyze the impact and sensitivity of initiatives to feed into the demand playbook of the market.
- Act as a market ambassador for project management, cross-functional execution and KPI monitoring of global initiatives
At Careem, we believe in constant monitoring of our efforts to anticipate risks faster and remain ahead of the market.
- Model and track demand KPIs against daily, weekly and monthly targets.
- Develop and implement effective reporting and assessment tools to minimize risk and proactively identify problem areas.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing and promotional campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Develop in-depth best practice methods of reporting digital activity, including development of dashboards.
The ideal candidate will be a hustler for achieving targets. He/she would be part growth hacker, part marketer and part thinker who has a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: Ownership, Being of Service and Shooting for the Moon. Additional qualifications include:
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience across functions
- Must have Turkey market experience.
- Strong spike in analytical ability, sharp problem solver and ability to get things done
- Target driven and ability to drive meeting of very aggressive targets.
- Ability to effectively trouble shoot problems and work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Experience in mobile marketing tools such as Adjust and Google Analytics.
- Hands on experience of developing and executing performance marketing campaigns across Facebook, Snapchat, Google, Twitter, etc.
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable.
- Reporting and analytics experience, utilizing tools such as Tableau.
- Experience within ride-hailing or food delivery industry is a plus.
We’re looking for someone who can take ownership, who is of service and who shoots to the moon and beyond. Is this you? We’re looking forward to seeing your application! 🚀
What do we offer you? Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, a flat hierarchy, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and, the latest technologies and full ownership!