Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
- Responsible for different categories from the customer side
- Launch one or more category from ground zero based on the market needs
- Scale up the new categories by setting and executing different plans on each category
- Report on the performance of the different categories in corresponding market
- Work with partnership team to find new opportunities that can help to grow these categories
- Execute on ground plans related to each category
- Analyze data and drive insights to determine industry trends, consumer trends, and Careem performance in the relevant categories
- Manage promotions using data-driven approach and margin analytics; determine positioning of category to maximize visibility across app and marketing channels
- Forecast demand and work with Operations to match demand with supply
- Responsible for acquiring new users, increase customer engagement and reactivate churned customers on each category
Qualifications and Skills:
• BA/MS degree in Business Administration, Engineering or BI majors.
• 2- 4 years of experience in Project management, managing a category and P&L responsibility
• Very strong on business operations fundamentals, conceptual thought process.
• Experience leading high performing teams.
• Strong analytical skills, ability to work independently and part of a team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills.
• Ability to architect and experiment with new ideas, think through these pilots/initiatives and deliver clear outcomes.
• Experience in translating strategies into execution plans and drive them to completion