Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will work closely with product and engineering teams to define and tackle focused as well as open-ended problems. In the process, you will:
- Embark on exploratory data analysis projects to achieve a better understanding of phenomena as well as to discover untapped areas of growth and optimization.
- Help define and track the appropriate key metrics for specific projects.
- Design and run randomized controlled experiments, analyze the resulting data and communicate results with other teams
- Help design A/B and Multivariate tests and their reporting tools for product teams
- Collaborate with engineers to build prototype predictive models into production and re-iterate as needed.
The ideal candidate is innovative, detail-oriented, result-focused, has a solid quantitative background, business savvy, and takes full ownership of their work from the inception of the idea to the implementation of the final product. In particular, the requirements are
- 3+ years experience in A/B testing analysis, data mining, , time series analysis, transformation and cleaning of both structured and unstructured data.
- Fluency in English along with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience in at least two of the following: SQL, R, Python, Spark, Hive, RapidMiner.
- Demonstrated experience with database technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Amazon EMR, Hive, Oracle, SAP, DB2, Teradata, MS SQL Server, MySQL)
- Demonstrated experience with business intelligence and visualization tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, ChartIO, Qlik, along with geospatial data processing skills
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline such as Physics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science.
- Understanding of business and ability to drive decisions that affect the bottom line
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Unlimited holidays
- Flexible hours
- Mentorship and career growth
- Diversity: we have 70+ nationalities on board!
What do we offer you?
Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, ownership culture, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and the latest technologies.
Careem gives equal opportunities. All aspects of ownership including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.