Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation.
Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region
Project Lead – this role is in Studio Team of Careem NOW, Careem’s newly launched delivery business.
The key responsibilities include maintaining an efficient operation, key stakeholder management and consistently improve core customer product through app Studio (food imagery bank) management. The role requires operational excellence and stakeholder management skills. Basic photoshop (photo editing) knowledge is a must have. Experience in photography, esp. in food photography is highly appreciated.
- Operations Management: Manage daily operations of app’s Studio (food imagery bank) management for all types of merchants. Utilizing the existing team which consists of full-time colleagues, interns and food photographers. This will involve:
- Effectively managing the team, assigning accountabilities, monitoring results and taking corrective actions
- Ensuring that full capacity of the team is utilized efficiently with minimum errors using the right processes and tools
- Selecting, editing (color grading, resizing, curating and cropping) and positioning best quality food images on platform
- Help develop the tools and products to make the process more automated and efficient
- Stakeholder Management: Ensure that merchants are live on the application in shortest time possible through:
- Liaising and collaborating with Catalogue and cross-functional teams across the organization to follow up the daily task flow
- Creating and managing relationships with team members to ensure quality image availability on time
- 1-3 years’ experience in project management, including managing work streams, teams and timelines to drive a project to completion
- An eye for aesthetics in design, esp. food imagery (passion for food photography, food styling will be an added advantage)
- Basic photoshop skills with experience in photo editing
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and agile teams in a complex environment
- High level of ownership and ability to work independently with limited monitoring / guidance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Commitment to deadlines
- Languages: Require above average capabilities in written English. Arabic will be an added advantage