At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing platform and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 13+ countries and host over 15 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region.
The role is designed to ensure corporate compliance and mitigate risks associated with the business to achieve its objectives. The role shall further work on building external relationships with the relevant authorities/counsels for the effective management of the company. Major responsibilities include:
- To ensure that company’s legal matters are managed properly, efficiently and that the relevant stakeholders are shared and given proper advice and guidance
- Research and evaluate the risk management if any, based on company’s matters of concern.
- Provide leadership in mitigation of risk and meets regulatory compliance matters.
- Manage the Company contractual agreements and analyze Company practices to ensure that they are in conformity with contractual obligations
- Draft internal policies and regulations of the Company
- Manage all external legal counsel; communicate and negotiate with external parties within the legal framework and provide assistance and advice.
- Draft agreements and other legal documents/policies to protect the Company’s legal interests
- Creating relevant compliance material and training to all colleagues across KSA.
- Effective streamlining of processes and reducing time devoted to administrative tasks compared to legal matters
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation
- Liaise between government officials and relevant company staff, registered agents, outside counsel to ensure local and jurisdictional legal requirements are met (filings, labour compliance, taxes etc.)
- 12+ years of experience in legal within law firm, but open to the candidate who has solid legal experience in multinational company
- BA/MS degree in Law with LLM, preferred from a reputable law school
- Excellent drafting skill in English, especially on legal drafting
- Good team player and can work under pressure.
- Proven people leadership skills
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills