ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Marketing Manager role is to lead the Marketing initiative within a designated region. Understanding what activities increase our revenues and building a strategy with deep insights into what works and doesn't work for the specific market. This role requires a high level of market understanding and requires a diverse skill set across multiple areas, including social media marketing, PR, event planning, strategic and conceptual thinking, content creation, and relationship management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaising with other marketing managers and build country marketing plans that include promotions and partnerships to increase revenue and meet monthly targets in area of responsibility that is correlated with the brand guidelines.
- Own the complete process of marketing plans across your portfolio of countries including deliveries of a strong plan on time, aligning and tracking on budgets, understanding the return on investment for marketing campaigns to build a view on their performance and hence sharing best practices.
- Identify and build relationships with prominent influencers and thought leaders in our space.
- Collaborate with management and other marketing colleagues, aligning our internal goals with new and existing partner relationships
- Forecast, measure and report results on various projects with partners, including co-created and/or co-branded content promotions, lead sharing and/or event partnerships
- Attend relevant events to evangelise the company mission and find like-minded individuals and companies to align with on future initiatives
- Maintain knowledge of geographical area of responsibility, especially major announcements, what would work and not work, and events
- Develop new and creative approaches to working closer with influential members of our industry, and serve as a go-to resource to other marketing team members.
- Assist with event planning, including working with vendors, event coordinators, and design teams for onsite collateral
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, communications, and marketing
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
Additional qualifications include:
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Strong account manager and relationship builder, an adept communicator with the ability to liaise with people on all levels
- Experience in event planning and management, including speaker outreach and vendor relationships is an advantage
- Ability to think about process and scale above all else to work efficiently and effectively with multiple partners
- Experience handling marketing budgets and forecasting/reporting results
- Ability to develop and articulate highly successful and innovative marketing solutions and communicate a compelling vision
- Confident, outgoing, and with a predisposition to teach others
- Good technical proficiency, literacy skills and a competent computer user
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Marketing
- Fluent in French, English and Arabic
- Experience working in Morocco