Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
The TSI department manages three core pillars: safety, quality and fraud. Our mission is to make Careem the safest and highest quality vehicular transport in the region.
What will be keeping you busy?
You will be responsible for the software architecture, design and development of the software systems that make-up the Careem engine. These large scale, distributed systems handle everything from user requests to payment processing. This means an opportunity to work on virtually any type of computer science and software engineering problem, particularly in the areas of large scale distributed systems, user interfaces and big data. Our tech stack is Java 8 and Spring MVC, SQL and NoSQL DBs, iOS and Android applications, web front-end and AWS infrastructure. Key responsibilities include:
- Development of our distributed backend system to meet the challenging functional, scalability and reliability requirements for our fast growing business.
- Build and ship new features and systems, with an emphasis on code quality, maintainability, readability, and testing.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems across our platform.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- Proficiency in Java and server-side technologies (must love coding!)
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Strong skills in object-oriented design, data-structures and algorithms
- Experience in multi-tiered distributed systems, web services, APIs, and relational & NoSQL databases
- Fluency with software engineering tools
- Ability to: effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions; deal with loosely defined problems and fast changing requirements & think abstractly
- Passionate about learning new technologies and working
We’re looking for someone who can take ownership, who is of service and who shoots to the moon and beyond. Is this you? We’re looking forward to seeing your application! 🚀
What do we offer you? Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, a flat hierarchy, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and, the latest technologies and full ownership!
#YallaLetsGo #Careem #BeCareem #ToTheMoon