The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for handling Careem KURDI social media channels as part of Careem IRAQ Marketing team.
The role will cover strategy implementation for the channels in support of core marketing objectives, day-to-day management of the social media channels including copywriting and creative conceptualization and execution, as well as execution of standalone social media campaigns.
The person will work closely with the broader team - such as partnerships, marketing, and account management - to support them in the fulfilment of their objectives by utilizing social media as a standalone function of the traditional communication channels.
The role reports into the Social Media and Community Manager.
- Management of Careem Kurdi Social Media channels, including copywriting and
creative conceptualization and execution and liaison with the Community Management
- Implement and grow the long-term social media strategy that aligns with the team’s
Marketing objectives, and fulfil all associated responsibilities
- Conceptualize and execute social media campaigns – both standalone as well as in
conjunction with ongoing marketing campaigns
- visiting on-ground merchants and partners around the city and executing social media posts.
- Strive to achieve each quarter’s set OKRs
- Regular reports on the social media performance, including individual channel analysis
- Evaluation of campaign performance: reach, engagement etc.
- Market research and competitive reviews
- Assist the Digital Marketing team with content development
- Ensure Digital marketing efforts align with the marketing objectives
- Research, conceptualize and implement creative digital marketing content concepts
- Refine and improve on digital marketing content
Key Performance Indicators
Achieving each quarter’s set OKRs
Successfully supporting core Marketing and partnership objectives
Ensuring that all stakeholders are kept in the loop including securing approvals prior to campaign launch.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience of handling social media channels for an agency (preferred) or in-house
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Media (optional if work experience exceeds 4 years in an
agency social media role)
- Flexibility in on-ground visitation and coverage
- Fluency in Formal and Informal Arabic and English, and Kurdish
- Strong proficiency and in-depth knowledge of the working of various social media channels such Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat etc.
- Ability to conceptualize creative social media concepts and campaigns that reflect Careem Kurdi strategy and values in collaboration with the extended team
- Strong copywriting skills
- Team player
- Basic digital marketing knowledge a plus, but not mandatory