Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride- hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 130 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region and host over 30 million users.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Corporate Content Lead (English) you are at the heart of our communications engine. The engine which keeps Careem, its mission and its values at the forefront for media, our colleagues and the communities we serve.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who can take our english content to the next level. A true-all rounder who feels compelled to create world-class content to the highest standards of excellence.
Everything from creating a story that will reach news desks around the globe, building our presence to the engineering community through our Tech@Careem Medium to amazing internal communications that inspires our colleagues. Supporting our leaders at major events, and managing the production of content projects end-to-end partnering with our creative team.
You will be part of our engine for story ideation, with multi channel content generation at the core of everything you do. You will be a keen researcher, able to process vast amounts of information quickly, and generate factual and engaging content.
Ideally, you will come from a PR agency, professional services or editorial background, with a varied corporate experience of both content creation and communications. And with a keen understanding that the creation of content isn’t just about output, but about partnering with leaders and internal stakeholders across the organisation to live Careem’s value ‘Be of Service’. To succeed you will embrace the diversity of the role, with the chance to go beyond pure content creation and support a high-performing communications team.
Reporting: This role reports to the Director of Corporate Communications
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Pro active ideation and creation of multi channel stories across the business
- Supporting communications campaigns with the creation of content
- Creating compelling thought leadership pieces and whitepapers
- Deep research in support of content and communications campaigns
- Supporting leaders at speaking engagements with key messaging and content creation.
- Owner of the Company blog and online channels (Wikipedia, Medium) and editorial calendar
- Own the repository content, features, fact sheets, Master FAQs and press kit.
- Develop and own new communications channels
Required qualifications to succeed in the role:
- More than 7 years experience in a PR agency, professional services, communications or editorial role
- Must be used to working in a highly matrixed, corporate environment with multiple stakeholders and tight deadlines
- Exceptionally strong writing, editing and Microsoft Powerpoint skills
- Strong research and analytical skills. Able to process large amounts of information, surfacing key issues and creating compelling content.
- Digital savvy. Up-to-speed on the latest digital content tools, and comfortable partnering with social and digital teams to amplify content.
- Collaborative, hands on and able to see projects through to completion
We’re looking for someone who can take ownership, who is of service and who shoots to the moon and beyond. Is this you? We’re looking forward to seeing your application! 🚀
What do we offer you? Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, a flat hierarchy, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and, the latest technologies and full ownership!
#YallaLetsGo #Careem #BeCareem #ToTheMoon