Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region 🌎
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you will help Careem enrich our thriving culture. At its core this role is about nurturing and driving the engagement and experience of our amazing network of colleagues, and as an output drive a high performing organisation. At the heart of our purpose is building an awesome organization that inspires and in this role you will be a key enabler of this purpose.
Delivering through our community of People Engagement Director and Partners, you will be responsible for setting up a regular cadence of best practice initiatives, aligned to our company strategy and objectives. You will be responsible for crafting an operating model for the team as well as an annual plan for driving engagement through local people teams.
The role holder will act as a collaborating force between our most senior leaders, our People engagement activities and our centers of excellence – driving the contribution of the People team to our global strategic priorities.
You are a pioneer with a natural curiosity and an ability to thrive in a fast moving environment. You have experience of bringing order, process and best practice to chaos. You make decisions based on data and are adept at defining key results that will measure the success of the input of the team. Above all you are a visionary and experienced leader with a proven track record of delivering against stretch goals, influencing at the most senior levels within the organization, and inspiring and motivating diverse and ambitious individuals.
Reporting to: VP of People
Team Structure: This is a Global role and will manage the People Directors in all our markets, as well as the People Engagement Partners based in Dubai
You will have been successful in this role if:
- You have created and executed a global, multi-year strategic people engagement roadmap centered around best in class initiatives; leveraging data to implement projects that promote and achieve a culture of excellence and high engagement
- You have leveraged our global engagement drivers survey to support our People Engagement representatives as they drive results in their local and functional teams
- You have built strong and effective relationships with our commercial organisations, enabling the people team to act as strategic partners on all people and talent topics.
- You have built and managed a strong team of People Engagement Partners and Directors who execute within the context of a well understood operating model with clear goals and accountabilities
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Advanced degree (MA/MBA/PhD) preferred
- 12-15 years of professional experience with an emphasis on employee engagement, employee experience, organizational effectiveness, or other related HR disciplines
- Deep functional knowledge in designing and implementing global surveys
- Ability to synthesize large data sets (employee database, qualitative and quantitative survey data) into executive summaries to create a compelling case for change
- Proven track record of successfully managing large scale global projects
- Vendor management experience is desirable
We’re looking for someone who can take ownership, who is of service and who shoots to the moon and beyond. Is this you? We’re looking forward to seeing your application! 🚀
What do we offer you? Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, a flat hierarchy, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and, the latest technologies and full ownership!
#YallaLetsGo #Careem #BeCareem #ToTheMoon