At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing platform and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 13+ countries and host over 15 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
Join us in building a world-class institution in the Middle East and experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, to improve people's lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Head of Partnerships to assist in executing the partnership agenda and strengthening relationships with government agencies, companies in the telecom, financial services, logistics, and travel industry. The person is this role has a distinct opportunity to make a tremendous impact on the region and the trajectory of the company.
The person in this role will work closely with the BD Director to prioritize and structure the partnership agenda and to manage the day to day requirements of key accounts. The person in this role will also work closely with local marketing and operations teams to ensure flawless execution of partnership initiatives, and closely with DG & RM teams to collect data for analysis.
At the Careem Business Development Team, we are spurred on by the impossible. We believe that if a partnership does not directly impact Careem by building the customer base, driving demand, or giving customers another reason to use Careem, then it shouldn’t be on our agenda. We are focused on partnerships that drive distribution, enhance customer engagement, and improve enablement opportunities for new users. We want to be creative in all we do, and the very nature of creativity is coming up with things that have never been tried before!
Key accountabilities include:
- Working with external partners to explore new possibilities and integrations and secure winning partnership for the Country.
- Effectively execute of all BD initiatives with partners and build a long term strategic alliances with key external entities
- Work with cross functional teams for implementation of integrations and for achieving desired results of the partnership
- Reach out to other businesses and devise mutually beneficial offers for customers
- Working with Government and non-government entities
- Ability to manage and satisfy partner requests within agreed timeframe
- Measured by Impact (trips, new users, gross revenue, impressions)
- Align with all key stakeholders (Marketing, Operations, Demand Growth, BI, etc…)
- Tabulate and present key findings on partnerships for further insight
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- BS/MS degree in business administration, Economics, Engineering or any relevant.
- 10+ years of solid experience in marketing, sales and business development in Egypt or ME region
- Strong understanding of business objectives and metrics and ability to build action plans to meet these objectives
- Strong communication skills: ability to express oneself with clarity is vital to the success of any BD professional
- Track record of driving results through cross-functional collaboration
- Analytical skills with an ability to clearly translate results into actionable insights