Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation.
Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
As a Compliance manager you will be responsible for:
- Enhance and complement the provided training materials with regional specifics, e.g., local legislation and jurisdiction, third parties, etc.
- Train local management and relevant stakeholders on Compliance Commitments, Anti-Corruption topics, Code of Conduct, Data Privacy and other Compliance topics as and when required
- Instruct and guide on the general Careem Compliance Management System and build compliance capacity and embed compliance culture and know-how within the organization
- Oversee all relevant compliance work-flows from [relevant local market] and manage not only internal stakeholders (e.g., management, compliance network) but also external stakeholders, such as customers and other third parties in relation to compliance demands. Escalate all duties and matters to the Head of Compliance for consistency.
- Work with the Head of Compliance, other Compliance Managers and the Legal Department to fulfill the compliance commitments for the successful closure of all relevant matters.
- Initiate, conduct and promptly reply to ad-hoc compliance issues as appropriate, within the [relevant local market] and support colleagues in understanding compliance-related risks and management of such risks
- Support the Head of Compliance with reporting requirements, including presentation to various management stakeholders on an on-going basis.
- Support the Head of Compliance to implement Compliance Management System work streams
- Review and roll out relevant policies and procedures and identify where local adjustments may be needed
- Ensure consistent application of guidelines and principles and advise stakeholders whenever inquiries are received Investigations
- Conduct and manage investigations, updating the internal investigations management system and ensure the completeness of documentation and "burden of proof" in substantiating allegations
- Educated to a degree level, preferably business administration, compliance or legal
- At least five (5) years of proven professional experience in the field of compliance / audit; both internal and external counsel/consultant experience ideal but not required- knowledge and proficient application of all relevant legal regulations (particularly US FCPA and UK Bribery Act); working knowledge of corporate governance principles a plus- experience in the field of investigations as well as the examination and assessment of compliance management systems
- Independent, goal-oriented and systematic way of working, decisive
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Excellent English language skills
- Willingness to travel across network
- Pronounced organizational skill, high operational readiness and collaborative