At Careem, our mission is to simplify the lives of people, initially through solutions that maketransportation reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become a world-class institution.
Careem (Berlin & Dubai's $3.1 Billion Dollar Start-up) recently acquired by Uber, focusing on Ride Hailing & Logistics for the Middle East and Northern Africa Markets. We now operate in 130 cities across 15 countries and host over 30 million users.
We are building out a world class team of engineers, and we'd love to see if you're a good fit for our open, inclusive and friendly culture.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You’ll be part of the Super App front-end team, which have an end-to-end responsibility of building and delivering the front-end of the Careem Super App – a key pillar in the Careem strategy to become the region’s everyday Super App!
Our iOS developers have a passion to push mobile technologies to the limits. As an iOS Developer, you work with a team of exceptionally talented engineers to design and build the Careem Super App!
In addition to adhering to exceptionally high engineering standards, you are expected to build the application in a largely scalable manner, high quality, good application performance and applying best-in-class usability standards and practices.
Our product sits on top of many modern technologies, including Java, Kafka, Redis, Amazon S3, DynamoDB, and Elasticsearch. You and your team will touch many technologies including AWS, Docker, Jenkins, Consul, Redis, Kafka, and Postgres.
Technologies we use: Swift, RxSwift, Bitrise, Phabricator, Fastlane, Carthage, Realm.
- Design and build advanced, scalable applications for the iOS platform.
- Collaborate with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements and use cases and translate them pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
- Integrate with our backend services (JSON, REST, etc.) to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that is super-fast for end users.
- Own end-to-end product modules/features from requirement to going live.
- Design and review code, troubleshoot and act as a consultant to team members on technical matters.
- Gather requirements by interacting directly with the end users and advocate delightful user experiences.
- You continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- 5+ years of iOS application development, with solid experience of Swift, I/O, collections, algorithms and well-known application frameworks.
- Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigm under iOS, memory management, file I/O, network programming, concurrency and multithreading.
- Experience in iOS-specific application development and publishing iOS apps in the Appstore.
- Good understanding of design patterns.
- Excellent understanding of the full mobile development life cycle. Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Experience in working with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions. Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution.
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal).
- Highly accountable and takes ownership, with collaborative attitude, and a lifelong learner.
- Competitive salary and equity shares
- Unlimited paid annual leave
- Entrepreneurial working environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentorship and career growth