Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and becomes a world-class institution from the region.
Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing platform and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 13+ countries and host over 15 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
Join us in building a world-class institution in the Middle East and experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, to improve people's lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Supreme Customer Service is fundamental at Careem, and we want to wow our Captains (drivers) every time! The purpose of the Supply Associate role is to assist the local Operations teams in doing just that. You will be responsible for making bold decisions and working in an agile way in order to deliver a first class service working in a multi-skilled position across 3 different areas of the Training, Captain Support Peak Management. This role involves working on a shift basis that will include some weekend work. Key responsibilities include:
- Always be CAREEM to captains
- OWN one of five key functions: quality management, captain on-boarding, supplier relations, peak management, captain happiness
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure the meeting of KPIs during a shift
- Brainstorm ideas and critically re-think every process, all the time
- Always being there for captains and colleagues
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Confident, outgoing, and with a predisposition to teach others
- Good technical proficiency, literacy skills, and a competent computer user
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot problems and work collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent technical proficiency, literacy skills, and a competent computer user
- Experience working in a similar role is highly desirable
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position
- An additional language would be desirable although not essential as English is our corporate language
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, a monthly bonus granted upon meeting KPIs, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.